Hurray, Whisky Gospel is celebrating today one year on the air!
Well, technically I opened the blog over 6 months before that. The purpose for opening it back then (and still the leading reason today) was to have a place to type, store and access my tasting notes. That of course didn’t went according to plan – I dabbled in some tasting notes posts but half a year went by and it never fulfilled that purpose. So I decided to convert it into a real public blog, hoping this decision will energize me to write tasting notes on a regular basis and strengthen my dedication.
One day after that decision I started to blog seriously, it was July 3rd 2013 and now, a year after I can tell you it worked out for me!
- I wrote and published 155 posts, with interviews, news, distillery tours and tasting notes.
- I’ve expanded my whisky (and other spirits) knowledge
- I paid my first pilgrimage trip to Scotland and toured 11 distilleries and other whisky places
- I met many new whisky friends, both locally in Israel and in Scotland and met even many more on-line (from all over the world)
- The blog readers base is growing steadily since inception – way beyond my wild dreams.
So let’s celebrate!
I want to thank you my faithful readers, so I’m having a small competition/give-away. It’s very simple, just follow the rules.
What should you do?
2. Answer the following question:
What’s Whisky Gospel favorite distillery? (If you followed the blog over the last year or know me, you should know the answer 🙂 )
While you write that email, I’d like to get some feedback – what changes and new features would you like to see here on the blog?
Send your answer along with your Twitter handle, Facebook username and contact details (including shipping address) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please subject your email #WhiskyGospelFirstBirthday so it won’t get lost!)
I’ll draw one winner from those who fulfilled the requirements and answered the question correctly and the the winner will get the Whisky Gospel’s favorite distillery 18 yo whisky bottle 🙂
Competition/give-away closes at 17:00 on Thursday, July 17th 2014. Winner will be announced on the next Monday. Good Luck!
- You must be of drinking age in your country (doh!).
- 2. At the moment, the competition is open to EU, USA and Israel residents. However, if you’re outside those territories, let me know and I’ll see if I can ship the prize to you (and then you’ll qualify)