On the heels of Feis Ile 2016, some labels of the forthcoming 2016 edition of Diageo Special Releases has shown up at the federal TTB database (labels are at the bottom of the post) earlier today.
At the moment we can quite safely assume (like 99.999%) those five release will be out coming October:
- Lagavulin 12 Year Old 2016 – 57.7%
- Caol Ila 15 Year Old Unpeated – 61.5%
- Port Ellen 1978 37 Year Old – 55.2%, 2940 bottles
- Brora 38 Year Old – 48.6%, 2984 bottles
- Auchroisk 25 Year Old – 51.2%, 3954 bottles
We can see that the annual releases of Lagavulin 12, Caol Ila Unpeated, Brora & Port Ellen live on for another year. After 16 years, we still keep asking ourselves: just how many casks are left and how long can they sustain this series of Brora and Port Ellen?
I wonder if they have another Lagavulin coming up for SR 2016, after all it’s the 200th anniversary of the distillery but we’ll have to wait a bit more to get an answer on this question.