Welcome the 2020 edition Feis Ile bottles comprehensive guide!
Once again we’re starting early (before we turned the calendar page to 2020) as we gathered enough information to share with you.
In 2020, the festival will run from 22nd May 2020 to 30th May 2020.
This post will detail all the available information on the festival bottles and I’ll update it each time more details will be revealed.
If you look for the full festival information, go to the Festival site at islayfestival.com (But best to wait until Spring 2020 to see the 2020 updates) and you will be able to find the full Islay Festival Distillery Programmes 2020 here when it will be published.
Once again It’s a safe bet that just like in previous years, we will have a lot of Feis Ile bottlings from independent bottlers, even if many will not be using the trademarked ‘Feis Ile’ name – all will be updated in the post when the information will be released.
Lagavulin – Open day on Saturday 22nd May 2020
Bruichladdich – Open day on Sunday 23rd May 2020
- TBD Valinch
Caol Ila – Open day on Monday 24th May 2020
- Caol Ila Feis Ile 2020 (TBD)
- Caol Ila BYO (TBD)
Laphroaig – Open day on Tuesday 25th May 2020
- Laphroaig Cairdeas 2020 (Port and Wine Casks, 52%)
Initially it’s matured in Ex-Bourbon barrels and 2nd-fill Ruby Port Barriques and then finished in Red Wine casks.
Bowmore – Open day on Wednesday 26th May 2020
- Bowmore Fèis Ìle 2020 (TBD)
- Bowmore Vintage Fèis Ìle Edition 2020 (TBD)
Ardnahoe – Open day on Wednesday 27th May 2020
Kilchoman – Open day on Thursday 28th May 2020
- Kilchoman Feis Ile 2020 (TBD)
Jura – Open day on Thursday 28th May 2020
Bunnahabhain – Open day on Friday 29th June 2020
Ardbeg – Open day on Saturday 30th June 2020
- Ardbeg Blaaack(46%, £94)
Ardbeg celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Ardbeg committee and the celebratory bottle is Ardbeg Blaaack which is matured in Pinot Noir wine casks from New Zealand.
“Velvety Summer FRUIT PUDDING and BITTER CHERRY with a deeper edge of SOOT and Ardbeg’s hallmark of SMOKE”
SMWS (Scotch Malt Whisky Society)
Once again, just like in 2018 and 2019, SMWS bottles a few Islay distilleries casks to celebrate Feis Ile 2020.
- 29.261 Essence of Gelfling (Laphroaig, 22 Year Old, 50.0%, 252 bottles)
- 29.270 Collateral Drammage (Laphroaig, 8 Year Old, 50.0%, 228 bottles)
- 3.334 Loungecore Stave Exoticism (Bowmore, 15 Year Old, 50.0%, 228 bottles)
- 10.190 Make Moine a Devil! (Bunnahabhain, 6 Year Old, 50.5%, 600 bottles)
- 53.320 Raiders of the Flossed Ark (Caol Ila, 12 Year Old, 50.0%, 282 bottles)
- 33.139 You Would Not Believe! (Ardbeg, 12 Year Old, 50.0%, 606 bottles)
- Kinship 2020 (TBD)
- Finlaggan Feis Ile 2020 (TBD)
- Islay House Feis Ile 2020 (TBD)